About the pier
RNLI are based at the pier
The sea cadets
Established in 1996, the Chiswick Pier Trust is a charity, based in The Pier House, with a primary, but not exclusive, focus within the London Borough of Hounslow. Our objectives are to:
- Protect and improve access for all to the river Thames and waterside areas of special beauty, and historical or architectural interest
- Provide education for the public in the history, ecology and natural history of the Thames
- Provide community facilities for recreation and leisure
- Undertake other charitable roles for local residents or locally employed people
What we do
- We operate The Pier with its visitor moorings, residential moorings and small boat storage space.
- We organise public events on and by the river. Some add local value to large scale river happenings e.g. The Boat Race and The Great River Race. Others, for example, the summer Party on the Pier, are local occasions when we offer information, fun and enjoyment to all on our part of the river. There are also events for Trust Members; these include talks and guided walks
- We help local families, community groups and companies to hold social events and meetings though venue hire at The Pier House.
- We work closely with the core users of Chiswick Pier and The Pier House. These include Thames Explorer Trust, Chiswick Sea Cadets and the Chiswick Pier Canoe Club. Since early 2002, the RNLI has operated the Chiswick Pier Lifeboat Station here - it is now the second busiest in the country.